Sahi Pro is an enterprise grade test automation platform which can automate web, mobile, windows and java based applications. Get your 30 day free trial.

Discuss your Sahi Pro usage patterns, best practices, problems and solutions. Help others solve their problems and seek help from the community when needed. If you need specific support on your application, please email support @ sahipro.com

Unable to upload file via the "Choose File to Upload" popup window in IE

When trying to record a File Upload process using Sahi Pro, I am having issues it seems due to the "Choose File to Upload" popup window in IE not having any elements to select from. When I try to record using Sahi, no elements are recorded during the upload. And when I try to inspect element in Internet Explorer, there is no inspect option on the "Choose File to Upload" popup.

I have tried the following setFile2 API:

eg. _setFile2(_file("id"), "C:/abc/efg.jpg");

I have tried what might be locators from the previous page in Internet Explorer and I am getting different behaviours:

Using Locator 1 - Says that it is successful but you can't progress further. You appear to be locked at that spot and can't proceed further with the upload.

Using Locator 2 - Am getting this error in the logs:
"TypeError: Unable to set property 'type' of undefined or null reference".

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions?

Thanks.

Comments

• Please try with _setFile3() API available from V9.0.x versions.

If you are still facing the issue, please reach out to support@sahipro.com