Please note that Sahi's development and support teams do not actively monitor this. This is more a community forum. If you are a Sahi Pro user looking for commercial support, please email support @ sahipro.com with your query.

API returns value in Controller but fails to assign to variable

bbacabbaca Members
edited May 2015 in Sahi - Open Source
I have a script that checks each row of a table to verify specific attributes are being set properly. I set up a for loop, since each is a child of a known element.

When I enter the following into the Controller I get a number that corresponds to the number of rows in the table:
_table("myTable").lastElementChild.childElementCount
The lastElementChild is always the TBODY element.

When I attempt to use this in a script, I get the error, "Cannot read property "childElementCount" from undefined." So I tried assigning the result of the above code to a variable in the Controller as follows:
var $rowCount=_table("myTable").lastElementChild.childElementCount
but this returns undefined every time. If I drop "var" I get the correct number in the Controller, but still get the same error in the script.

Why is this happening and how do I get around it? If there is a method that would better allow me to access the attributes of each row element of the table I would be happy to use that.

I am using Sahi OS 4.4 on Windows 7, and am testing in Firefox 34.

Best Answers

Answers

• bbacabbaca Members
    Thanks! That solved the script crashing issue, but there still is an issue with assigning variables... Here is the code I run:
    var $tableLen=_table("myTable").rows.length;
    var $tableLenPlus1 = $tableLen + 1;
    var $tableLenPlus1Parse = parseInt($tableLen) + 1;
    var $tableStart = 2;
    var $tableEnd = -3 + $tableLen;
    _log(typeof($tableLen));
    _log("TableLen=" + $tableLen);
    _log("TableLenPlus1=" + $tableLenPlus1);
    _log("TableLenPlus1Parse=" + $tableLenPlus1);
    _log("TableStart=" + $tableStart);
    _log("TableEnd=" + $tableEnd);

And that returns the following log:
    number at May 19, 2015 10:36:10 AM
    _log(typeof(_table("myTable").rows.length)); at May 19, 2015 10:36:10 AM
    TableLen=6 at May 19, 2015 10:36:10 AM
    _log("TableLen=" + _table("myTable").rows.length); at May 19, 2015 10:36:10 AM
    TableLenPlus1=_table("myTable").rows.length1 at May 19, 2015 10:36:10 AM
    _log("TableLenPlus1=" + "_table(\"myTable\").rows.length1"); at May 19, 2015 10:36:10 AM
    TableLenPlus1Parse=_table("myTable").rows.length1 at May 19, 2015 10:36:10 AM
    _log("TableLenPlus1Parse=" + "_table(\"myTable\").rows.length1"); at May 19, 2015 10:36:10 AM
    TableStart=2 at May 19, 2015 10:36:10 AM
    _log("TableStart=" + 2); at May 19, 2015 10:36:10 AM
    TableEnd=-3_table("myTable").rows.length at May 19, 2015 10:36:10 AM
    _log("TableEnd=" + "-3_table(\"myTable\").rows.length"); at May 19, 2015 10:36:10 AM

It seems that while it believes it has stored a number, or at least does so initially, it sets the contents of the variable to a string containing the command, not the result... Therefore I get string concatenation with the + operator. Any ideas on how to resolve this?

I've tried to upgrade to OS 5.0 to see if that would resolve this, but I'm getting issues with my Oracle DB interface:
    Java constructor for "net.sf.sahi.plugin.DBClient" with arguments "string,string,string,string" not found.

I've noticed this has been mentioned in another post with no resolution... Does anybody have any ideas about this one?