Please note that Sahi's development and support teams do not actively monitor this. This is more a community forum. If you are a Sahi Pro user looking for commercial support, please email support @ sahipro.com with your query.

Sahi Support for Win8 and IE10

amitsjoshi7amitsjoshi7 Members
Hi

I have a requirement to develop cross-browser test automation suite for web based application. The standard operating environment (SOE) for the application is Win XP and IEv8 at the moment and we are going to switch to new SOE - Windows 8 and IE v10.

Does Sahi support Windows 8 and IE v10? Has anyone implemented Sahi in Windows 8 and IE10 before? Appreciate any information in this regard.

Thanks first..

Regards,
Amit

Comments

• Hi Amit,

Sahi is designed such that it is browser and OS independent for most of its functionality. You can go ahead and use Sahi, and may consider using Sahi Pro which comes with updates and support.

Thanks,
    Vivek
  • Hi vvdwivedi,

Im also facing problem with IE

Despite i have configured proxy setting also, when i open IE from sahi dashboard it displaying error like

---"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"---

Please let me know how to fix this issue.
  • hi,
    I am using Sahi OS v35. After sahi installation, I am able to run the previuosly created sahi scripts via command prompt but I am not able to view the sahi controller. Pressing 'alt' key and mouse doubleclick does not bring up the sahi controller on windows 8 machine with IE10.

Please help to resolve the issue.

Regards, Amit
  • osseseossese Members
    Hi,
    I have the same problems like amitsjoshi7 and gaveyom.
    1-) I am not able to view the sahi controller. Pressing 'alt' key and mouse doubleclick does not bring up the sahi controller on windows 8 machine with IE10.
    2-) I have configured proxy setting also, when i open IE from sahi dashboard it displaying error like
    ---"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"---
    3-) Scripts which runs successful with "win7 and i.e.8" does not runs with "win8 and i.e.10"

Can someone help us?
  • NaomiCNaomiC Members
    We are also having problem running our scripts in IE10/Win7. Does Sahi officially support IE10?
  • SivaQASivaQA Members
    edited May 2013
    Hi,

Even I'm not able to get Sahi Controller after upgrading to IE10 on Win 7 professional. Is there any solution for this?

Thanks,
    Siva
  • Hi,
    Your browser_types.xml would look something like

<browserType>
    <name>ie</name>
    <displayName>IE</displayName>
    <icon>ie.png</icon>
    <path>$ProgramFiles (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe</path>
    <options>-noframemerging</options>
    <processName>iexplore.exe</processName>
    <useSystemProxy>true</useSystemProxy>
    <capacity>5</capacity>
    </browserType>

Try removing the (x86) from the path so that your new IE configuration looks like:

<browserType>
    <name>ie</name>
    <icon>ie.png</icon>
    <path>$ProgramFiles\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe</path>
    <capacity>5</capacity>
    </browserType>

This should solve your issue with any IE version on Win 8.
  • orgar28orgar28 Members
    edited November 2013
    I looks like the problem is the toggle_IE_proxy.exe under the tools folder - though it's an OS settings it seems like with IE 10 installed it doesn't work.
    It's true that the proxy settings can be set manually, this tool is very useful - can you atleast publish the source code so we could look into it?

Thanks,
    Or
  • A lot of this is probably due to Sahi not supporting the current (as of this moment) Java JRE, 1.7.
    I can't downgrade due to other application dependencies but you can either downgrade Java, or run with something like Selenium (with browser support limited to FireFox unless you're willing to do a LOT of configuration to get Web Driver running) until Sahi catches up...

Which brings up the question, @Pratyush_Tyto or @vvdwivedi, any timeframe for JRE 1.7 support to solve some of the Windows 7 and Windows 8 compatibility issues?
  • What kind of problems there has been with Java 1.7? I have had only one problem with it, but it was solved easily by making some unsetting in the security configuration file of Java 1.7.
  • Hi Sadana,
    Can you share what issue was it that you were facing and what configuration change fixed it so that others can look at it if its related to their problem. As you said, Sahi shouldn't have a problem working with IE10 in Windows 8 with Java 1.7.
    Also, amitsjoshi7, Sahi v3.5 is an outdated version and doesn't have several bugfixes and features which are there in Sahiv4.4. I would suggest upgrading the version to the latest.

Regards,
    Pratyush.
  • I don't remember anymore exact errors, but here's the idea of problem.

In some version of java 1.7 there is a change that RSA keys with size 1024 or less are not allowed.
    It will cause that certification keys with too short RSA key are rejected.

There is two choices to fix it.
    a) Update certification key to be stronger.

b) Disable the setting from your java 1.7 configuration file. Address is:
    C:\Program Files(x86)\java\jre7\lib\security\java.security

In that file disable the following line by adding # in front of it:
    jdk.certpath.disabledAlgorithms=MD2, RSA keySize < 1024
  • @Pratyush_Tyto - I am using exactly what you said, but my IE10 is still not proxy-configured by default. I am using Windows 7 Enterprise - not sure if it might be the cause. Can you help?

<browserType>
    <name>ie</name>
    <icon>ie.png</icon>
    <path>$ProgramFiles\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe</path>
    <capacity>5</capacity>
    </browserType>