Please note that Sahi's development and support teams do not actively monitor this. This is more a community forum. If you are a Sahi Pro user looking for commercial support, please email support @ sahipro.com with your query.

browser pop up window

sahiUser28sahiUser28 Members
edited 10:01AM in Sahi - Open Source
hi,

the scenario is to click a link which opens a browser pop up which has 2 textboxes and a "save" button. the controller does not recognize this window. It returns "null" on _selectWindow("xxx");. i also tried _popup("xxx")._click(_span("Save")); which returns "[Exception] Error: The parameter passed to _click was not found on the browser".
I need to enter a value in the textboxes and click on "save" but I am not able to detect the textboxes. Nor can i start the controller from the browser pop up page.

Any help on this is appreciated.

Comments

• Hi sahiUser28,

Were you able to record the elements from the popup window with Sahi?
    Try executing the steps manually and when the popup opens, do a Ctrl + hover on any of the elements. Check if the elements are being recognized by the controller. If yes, is it also prefixed with _popup (Check the prefix field in the controller)?

If you're not able to perform these actions, can you point us to your application (if it is available online)?
    If not, you could send your application's screenshot along with the source code that is used to open the popup.

Regards,
    dkulkarni
  • hi dkulkarni,

I tried to do it manually but the controller does not detect the elements any of the elements.
    When i try to record the manual actions it does record the part for the browser popup window.

The soruce code of this window is a .rdf file instread of a simple html file.
    could that be the reason it is not being detected?
  • hi,

the code snippet to that opens the popup window is as follows:
    <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td><a class="sbWDKButton" href="javascript:void('ManagerPicker')" onclick="submitForm1019(event);return false;" title="Manager"><span class="sbDummy">Manager</span></a></td></tr></table></td><td><div id="ManagerIdCount"></div></td></tr><tr><td>
  • i also tried the following code:
    _click(_span("Manager"));
    _wait(8000);
    _selectWindow("popWin");
    var $pageURL;
    _set($pageURL,window.document.location.href);
    _popup("popWin")._click(_span("Search"));

but it gives [Exception] ReferenceError: _set is not defined
    manual recording skips the click on "Search"

any help please
  • narayannarayan Administrators
    Hi sahiUser28,

Is it a real popup window (where you see an extra browser icon on the taskbar)? Or is it a javascript popup? Can you upload the screen shot somewhere and share it here?

Regards,
    Narayan
  • Hi there, any update as i'm facing the same kind of issue?
  • In my case, I click on a button which opens an extra browser with a title but Sahi controller is not able to select it...

Any idea?

Regards