Sahi Pro is an enterprise grade test automation platform which can automate web, mobile, windows and java based applications. Get your 30 day free trial.

Discuss your Sahi Pro usage patterns, best practices, problems and solutions. Help others solve their problems and seek help from the community when needed. If you need specific support on your application, please email support @ sahipro.com

Sahi command which acts as Tab in key board.

ravillaravilla Members
edited November -1 in Sahi - Open Source
Hello Narayan,

Through Sahi script when I am trying to update the values in some of the fields the values are getting disappeared after printing.

But our application supports "Tab" to insert the value properly.

Can you please tell me the equvalent command which will will perfome the tab.

While recording the script eventhough if I click on the "Tab" still relavnet code is not printing.

Please help me.

Regards
Anil Kumar R

Comments

• narayannarayan Administrators
    Hi Anil,

_keyPress(yourElement, 9) may work to emulate tab.

It is possible that your application is doing something on keypress which causes this error. If Sahi has recorded a _setValue(el, "text") step, type in the exact text into the textbox manuallt and see how your application behaves. Then figure out the exact text that you type to get the proper result, and replace your new working text in your older _setValue statement. That should fix your issue.

To explain with an example

You type 19062011 into a date field, and your application auto formats it as you type to 19/06/2011.

While recording, Sahi would have recorded this as
    _setValue(_textbox("start_date"), "19/06/2011");

but what you really need is

_setValue(_textbox("start_date"), "19062011");

Your application will automatically reformat this correctly.

Regards,
    Narayan